Thursday, January 25, 2007

2007 New Years Resolution

After 2006 left me clinging to my one marathon finish at the 2006 Air Force Marathon, I have decided to embark on an ambitious journey of the soul. Ultimately, if my body holds up I will complete 12 Marathons this year. I know what you're thinking, "why?!” Well, no reason at all, I just want to see if I can do it.

Here's what I think... I've already rocked Phoenix (see the posting rnraz) and I'm going to roll right into Los Angeles and Ocean Drive in March. From there, I haven't decided yet.

I met some incredible people at the Air Force Marathon that really got me thinking about pushing past one or two Marathons a year. One guy was running 30 marathons from Marine Corps 2005 to Marine Corps 2006. Another couple was in the midst of running 50 marathons in 2006. They were an amazing bunch, and you know what? They were just like you and me. They worked hard (one was in the Military and the others were dentists) and had the discipline to put in big miles while maintaining a life.

I’m motivated, focused and fully healed. I will always keep the excruciating pain of the stress fracture in the back of my mind. Hopefully, because of it, I will be a smarter runner. No more speed workouts followed by speed workouts followed by more speed workouts. This year is about steady consistent runs. 2007 is a year for base mile building because who knows what may come in 2008 – Maybe a 100 miler!!!

No comments: