Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Dayton here I come...


This Saturday will mark one-year since a developed one horrible stress fracture as a result of poor training mistakes and poor racing decisions. I am extremely excited to return to the Air Force Marathon as a better, smarter runner.

Since being forced to take a full eight weeks off from walking much (let alone running), I have learned many lessons. But, no lesson was more profound than ‘patience.’ I’ve learned the patience to heal, patience to train, and the patience to rest. I’m excited to come full cycle this weekend.

Air Force Marathon is an AWESOME race in a great location. I was so impressed last year that I was determined to return this year and hopefully for many years to come. The Air Force runs a highly prepared and exciting race. I look forward to every step of this race. The relaxed start; the fog-filled first miles; the excited military families; and the amazing aircraft that line flank the finish line (and the hot dogs at the finish).

Not only am I excited for the race, I am also very excited to see my friends at the University of Dayton. Tom and Emily are in for a real treat – this will be their first real UD experience.

No comments: