Monday, June 9, 2008

Mad City Marathon, Madison, WI

First, I will admit that i need to get some new clothes. Seriously, two races in a row same shorts, shoes and socks! What is wrong with me?!?!


Madison Marathon was, for me, one of those situations where you go to bed totally psyched for the race, you wake up energized and ready to go, then you get to the start line and realize, "I really don't want to run 26 miles." That's pretty much the way it went for me. I just could not get the notion that i did not want to run out of my head. Oh well, I guess those days are bound to happen.

The race itself was great! The course was very cool. It meandered through all of Madison's neighborhoods. Through the University of Wisconsin Campus, around the lake, right by the Governor's house - it was really cool.

Its also cool how the Capitol grounds are used by everyone all the time, unlike the other capitol I'm used to, which sometimes feels more like a fortress than the people's house.

Anyway, the weather was great all weekend long. Emily and I, flew in to Chicago to meet up with my parents and Meg and Mike for a family weekend in Madison. Dinner with everyone was perfect and the 1/4 barrel of Sprecher Amber was the icing on the cake.

Dave and I ran the entire course together. We both seemed to hit the wall at the same time. Although, I hit the motivational wall before I even started, which didn't help things in the last couple of miles.

In the end, Dave and I ran 3:45. Then we went directly to the Worlds Largest Brat Fest. I contributed as best I could to the 200,000 Brats consumed that weekend.

Mmmmm I want more Brats and Beer!

No comments: