Tuesday, August 14, 2007

And I thought this would be hard...

I’m feeling a little nervous about this weekend, so I thought I would investigate the effect of rapid acclimatization on an athlete. The Pikes Peak Marathon involves a rapid ascent from 7000ft to just over 14000ft, hopefully over the course of less than five hours. Once atop, I’ll begin an immediate descent over virtually the same course.

Let’s take a merry journey down my happy road of disillusion:


… So I got that going for me.

To quote Owen Wilson in Armageddon:

“I'm great; I got that "excited/scared" feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more. It could be, it could be 98% scared, 2% excited but that's what makes it so intense, it's so - confused. I can't really figure it out.”

2 comments:

Matt said...

Just drink some Mountain Dew and you'll be fine. It's specially-formatted for this exact purpose...or was that fueling spider monkies? I forget. You'll be fine.

Tom G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.