Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Redemption...

Still miffed over yesterday’s Starbucks tomfoolery, I slept in till 5:15am. Determined not to let one poor Starbucks experience ruin what promises to be a great week. I jumped out of bed filled with the spirit of the day to come. We ran a quick 5 mile Georgetown loop and finished at the Roslyn Starbucks. I have to admit, my experience was much the same as yesterday afternoon - except on this occasion the difficultly was centered on the meaning of "tall water, less ice.”

Once at my desk I was immediately awash with a craving for that ubiquitous twin-tailed mermaid. Fortunately, and thanks to the wonders of capitalism, I did not have to return to the infamous location of yesterday. A mere 50 feet away is yet another full service location - what a difference a few store fronts can make! Immediately I was welcomed with leis and rose pedals - offered succulent samples of pastry decadence and whisk away to caffeinated nirvana. In my state of overabundant euphoria, I cheerfully ordered a Grande iced skim misto (also referred to as an iced cafe con leche). My cheerful barista happily obliged my request and I was promptly on my way.

Thanks Starbucks.

Hey #2, quit filling the tank with ill-tempered seabass and get me some gingerbread-man cookies.

P.S. The company is named in part after Starbuck, Captain Ahab's first mate in the book Moby-Dick.

No comments: